Nowadays, beautifully shaped buttocks is one of the biggest and most common wish of most ladies. Unfortunately, not every woman can be proud of beautifully round and lifted buttocks. It is possible to have a nice backside by doing sports and living a healthy lifestyle but not everyone has enough time, strength and motivation to do sports every day to enhance their figure. Moreover, buttocks could lose the shape due to a fast weight loss in a short period of time.
Donatas Samsanavičius MD PhD, Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon emphasizes that each woman has a unique body type, therefore the size and shape of buttocks should be proportional to the upper part of the body. During the consultation the doctor will recommend the most suitable type of a surgery (buttock augmentation can be achieved through either the use of implants or through transferring your existing fat, or sometimes a combination of both).
How is the surgery performed?
Buttock augmentation through the use of fat grafting involves the transfer of fat from one area of the body into the tissues of the buttocks. During the operation fat is gently removed usually from the abdomen, flanks, thighs, hips, and/or lower back. Then the purified fat gets placed into the butt through a series of carefully placed microinjections. However, the body will reabsorb not all the transferred fat, the amount of fat that survives is approximately 50-60%. The result is a natural, fuller and shapelier backside. Once a patient has healed, he or she may have a smaller waistline, differently shaped buttocks (rounder and fuller) and even more curves for the hips.
Using Buttock Implants. A silicone implant specially made for the buttocks is inserted either in the muscle or above the gluteal muscle on each side.The method for inserting and positioning implants depends on the type of implant, degree of enlargement desired, your body type and your surgeon’s recommendations.
What should be known after surgery?
- A special compression garment should be worn for 2 weeks after the surgery.
- Final results are usually seen after 3-4 months after a procedure.
- Strenuous physical activities should be avoided at least for one month.
- After the surgery, lymphatic drainage massage on an individual basis is recommended to achieve the best result.
- Patient satisfaction with the result of the operation is also highly dependent on their own contribution – the best effect is the observance of the doctor’s recommendations, nutrition and sufficient physical activity.